Photography: the power of books
Book News is a new interactive newsletter for the book worms of Tumblr providing a compilation of all the best bits of news in the world of Books.
If you would like to contribute to the March 2013 issue of Book News leave a topic suggestion or article here and you will be messaged if you get included. You don’t need to write anything serious you could just tip us off about a book you are really excited to see published or tell us a piece of casting news.
Clicking on the book title will automatically take you to it’s Goodread’s page.
Top 3 New Books
These are the top 3 most exciting books which have just been released or are about to be released this month.
1. Prodigy - Sequel to Legend which placed 3rd on my Top 10 list last year I have high hopes for this book as I am very excited to see what happens to the characters.
2. Shadow Hunters and Downworlders - A spin off from the Mortal Instruments series, this book is a complication from different well known authors looking behind the scenes of the series.
3. Shades and Ashes - A collection of dystopian stories written by an all star author cast featuring Kelly Armstrong, Mellissa Marr, Veronica Roth and Kami Garcia.
Book Adaptation News
2013 is shaping up to be a pretty good year for book adaptations with the release of so many new titles but whats most exciting is the projects which have recently been given the green light and this is a summary of recent developments.
1. John Green’s spectacular The Fault in our Stars film adaptation is currently ready for it’s director and is scheduled to be in production by the end of the summer. John Green himself has been described as very involved and is impressed with the script. ( Source Here)
Valentines Day - By Beautiful Book Borrower
It’s the month of love, and if you are still searching for a date for Valentine’s Day, you are certainly not alone. The perfect date for Valentine’s Day might be closer than you think but if you don’t find them in time check out these books as they make equally good dates. These are my top 3 Valentine’s Day dates;
1. Why Men Love Bitches - This book was made instantly popular after Jeniffer Lover Hewet was photgraphed reading it and details the importance of the chase.
2. Jane Austen’s Guide to Romance - This book explores the relationships in all six of Austen’s novels and the dos and don’ts of victorian society.
3. He’s Just Not That Into You - A book I turn to when ever I have questions about guys which makes a quick and enjoyable read.
New Film Releases
Some of the biggest YA films this year are book adaptations and these are the film adaptations being released this month.
1. Warm Bodies - A film about a zombie who falls in love and finds himself feeling more alive because of this. (Trailer Here)
2. Beautiful Creatures - A young Caster (witch) falls in love a few weeks before the biggest decision of her life. (Trailer Here)
Thank you for all of you who provided information for this month’s issue and a special thank you to Beautiful Book Borrower for providing a full article at such short notice. Entries for next month’s issues are welcome from now until February 25th and the next issue will be released on March 1st